Thursday, April 2, 2009

David and Goliath

yeah your daddy was a big shot
what the hell have you got
daddy raised a big snot
here's my slingshot
i'll probably never make a dime
off these little songs of mine
but they come straight out of my heart
that's nothing to sneeze at
i'm doing my part
that's nothing to tease at
I'll never amount to nothing
but I'll sing these songs from the grave
before I am your slave.
david and goliath
you turned me into a monster
all i ever wanted
was everything
all i ever wanted
was a chance to sing
So sure you know what you're talking about
Never ever had to do anything for yourself
you invite me to your parties
but i gotta work
I can't afford dinner
so you think I'm a jerk
Everybody hates a poor man
everybody loves you
they don't even know
that it's not what you do.
Yeah it's so easy to live in a van
when you gotta a trustfund from your old man.
It's so easy to act high and dry
all the real ones keep wondering why
Yeah all the real folk are dying, trying to look good
You don't try hard even though you could.

No comments: