Thursday, January 28, 2016

    The book we're reading, "From Critical Thinking to Argument," outlines Critical Thinking in several different ways. The part that sticks with me is when the author speaks of a Critical Thinker being somebody who can draw logical conclusions to an array of different ideas, yet at the same time keep an open mind and learn to be self critical and open to other people's opposing views. Upon racking my brain trying to figure out what Critical Thinking really is, as opposed to meditation, where I am trying to clear my brain, I've come to the conclusion that a Critical Thinker must have a keen eye for the varieties of views that are not their own, and thus requires a certain amount of empathy, or as some have put it, an ability to "walk in somebody else's moccasins."

No comments: