Friday, February 5, 2016

    In Barack Obama's State of the Union Address, he mentions that the Economy is stronger than ever with 14 million Jobs being created. This is what I would ask him. How does the rate that these employees are being paid compare with the standard of living? If I'm being paid $15 an hour, it may sound great until you figure out that the average is rent for a studio apartment in this area is about $1000 a month. So it takes about 60 hours just to pay the rent! I had to pretty much quit being an Uber driver because I couldn't afford the bills. I was inspired to complete my schooling, which goes into what he said about student loans. I love the idea of not having student loans, and school being free. I signed up for school and wasn't able to get the Pell Grants because of withdrawing from classes 20 years ago.

No comments: