Monday, April 14, 2008

New Song: Last Cigarette

last cigarette written 3/20/08

breathe in bits of you
let me taste
your watermelon skin
you're the one i wanted
(she gave me gratitude)
and patience wearing thin
because i want you so much more
baby will ya close that door........

thank you for helping me
to forget
we will not stand
a moment more of regret
forever in your debt

this is my last cigarette (4X)

bless you for answering my prayers
she muttered under her breath
'time to go upstairs'
after we share this cigarette

she's got hot chocolate hair
stars shoot out of her eyes
she's reading dream of electric sheep
wake up w/me under the sky

Her lips are folded don't you fret
kiss me raspberry red
silver is better than gold
and you're the one who keeps
me strong when it's cold
will you still be here when i'm old

never again will we regress
thank you for helping me to confess
get it off of my chest

This is my last cigarette (4X)
say goodbye to that evil eye
you won't be needing it any more
the only tears that you shed
should be tears of joy

No comments: