Monday, April 14, 2008

sometimes nothin' be a real cool hand (inspired by paul newman)

sometimes nothin'

i was born ino this world
without anything at all
but ever since that day
i've been having a ball
yeah i'm having a blast
and you said that I'll fall
into the hands
of a rock and roll band.
You can wrap
that girl right around your heart
you don't even have to be too smart
it's playing the game throwing down
the right card give her a kiss before her engines start
sometimes nothing be a real cool hand got no money but i rocket, maam. drive
that card wrong side of the road
god will pick it up and show you
which way to go.
I don't arrive early call me just in time
I never waste a minute or a kiss or a dime
don't let that suzie go
because you know it's a crime
bustin' up the window
just to loosen my mind.
\/
gettin into trouble is a peaceful
pasttime
one that I don't need anymore.
just give me pretty burlesque baby that i can adore
workin on the chain gang 99 in the shade been too long a time since the last i been laid
when i get right out i'm gonna find myself a lover who's gonna fix my stopwatch while I'm working undercover.

Sometimes nothing be a real cool hand dig me a lady in a rock and roll band i can be a teddy bear or i can be real tough i'm used to having nothing so i know how to bluff.

No comments: