Monday, April 14, 2008

rollin' rock

i keep rolling a rock up a hill
only to watch it come down
you're fit as a butcher's dog
it's the kind of thing that happens all the time.
Least that's what they say where you come from
traipsing bones are dancing
where bird woman
speaks of visions
and spirits that live in trees
make our decisions
If you were around today you'd
be doctor to the stars
not dissapointing you
is like trying to start my life
all over again.
Like water off a duck's back
easy like syrian calculus

We should only be so lucky
we've got each other
there are people out there
who cannot find their
oher.
Let's say a prayer for them
of sincere gratitude
instead of copping a whole lot of jive
attitude
Stuck in this city
till death do me part
stuck in this city
cause you grabbed me
by the heart
I wanted to leave you because I just can't breathe if I can't breathe you.

No comments: